Latest RSC News: Good Luck for the future fellas... - Posted by Tim Wheatley
Send News

Subsite Owners: Please update your status and get moving!
Main Forum Banners Chat Arcade Files Links Subsites Advertising Articles

Go Back   Race Sim Central Forums > EA F1 Simulations & Series Mods > The EA F1 Series Mods > Team Virtua_LM > Prototype-C
User Name
Password
Rules - 10-MAY-04 Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 28-03-2004, 22:06   #1
Bassguy
Registered
 
Bassguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 105
Default Eastridge Raceway Preview pics.

Coming soon from Virtua_LM. Eastridge Raceway, a fictional 2.5 mile track with a mixture of both sweeping and tight turns.

BG
Attached Images
File Type: jpg EASTRIDGE1.JPG (96.5 KB, 342 views)
File Type: jpg EASTRIDGE2.JPG (72.5 KB, 292 views)
File Type: jpg EASTRIDGE3.JPG (68.0 KB, 327 views)
File Type: jpg EASTRIDGE4.JPG (84.7 KB, 303 views)
File Type: jpg EASTMAP.JPG (19.8 KB, 246 views)
Bassguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2004, 22:23   #2
comradesampo
Registered
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Kansas, USA
Posts: 97
Default

No chicanes? I could kiss you.
comradesampo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2004, 22:25   #3
pur_DutchDevil
Moderator
 
pur_DutchDevil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 903
Default

Ahh nice hey what ever happened to those other fictionel track u showed some WIP pictures of in the main f1C section?? They looked also kick ass like these.

GreetZ DD
pur_DutchDevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2004, 22:31   #4
kNarf
Registered
 
kNarf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Assen
Posts: 232
Default

Looks fantastic
I love fictional tracks as long as they look real
Yes I also remember your other WIP tracks, Aardvark and Barber if I'm not mistaken.
kNarf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2004, 00:42   #5
Bassguy
Registered
 
Bassguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 105
Default

Quote:
I could kiss you.

Please don't.

Yes Aardvark Park and Barber are in the works.
Bassguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2004, 00:47   #6
cyruscloud
Registered
 
cyruscloud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: United States
Posts: 591
Default

I'm guessing you might be the guy that worked on the other three in the PTC mod. In that case what are the chances of your next ones carrying a little more detail. Their all nice tracks and all but they mostly seemed composed of road and terrain and were missing alot of the real world detail. Good luck, looking forward to whatever you bring next.
cyruscloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2004, 00:53   #7
Bassguy
Registered
 
Bassguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 105
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyruscloud
I'm guessing you might be the guy that worked on the other three in the PTC mod.

Guess again...wrong guy.
Bassguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2004, 00:55   #8
Es Nes
Registered
 
Es Nes's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: United States
Posts: 383
Default

if were getting a fictional track, any chance of a finctional allard with the jaguar spepc v8 or a 93 pug v10?
__________________
ai = annoyingly ignorant
Es Nes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2004, 01:07   #9
Vince Klortho
Moderator
 
Vince Klortho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Oregon, USA
Posts: 1,858
Default

Es Nes: you can always take care of that. It just takes a little file editing. Copy and paste actually.
__________________
a two cent stamp short of going postal.
Vince Klortho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2004, 01:16   #10
JPS
Registered
 
JPS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: USA
Posts: 79
Default

That looks great, as is always the case with your work Bassguy.
JPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2004, 01:18   #11
REVSECT
Moderator
 
REVSECT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 4,060
Default

Is that really you JPS???
__________________
I am a zombie

Virtua_LM website
REVSECT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2004, 01:21   #12
cyruscloud
Registered
 
cyruscloud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: United States
Posts: 591
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassguy
Guess again...wrong guy.

Well that is good I guess because I've heard alot of good things about you, wanted to make sure on that. Not that Jerez, Rouen and Fuji are bad or anything, they just seemed a little bare to me, especially jerez compared to its Tantra counterpart.
cyruscloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2004, 01:25   #13
REVSECT
Moderator
 
REVSECT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 4,060
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyruscloud
I'm guessing you might be the guy that worked on the other three in the PTC mod. In that case what are the chances of your next ones carrying a little more detail. Their all nice tracks and all but they mostly seemed composed of road and terrain and were missing alot of the real world detail. Good luck, looking forward to whatever you bring next.

Have you got the track detail turned down or something? These tracks have just as much detail and track side objects as any of the OEM F1C tracks.
__________________
I am a zombie

Virtua_LM website
REVSECT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2004, 01:35   #14
cyruscloud
Registered
 
cyruscloud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: United States
Posts: 591
Default

Nah, track detail is full, I'm a track guy myself so I know these things. My only guess is that most of the details are just generally out of view and you rarely see them because I know driving rouen is basically road hills and trees and not much more, nice transitions in the pavement though. Jerez I really can't explain, yours and tantra's differs in alot of ways, his seems to have towers and stuff everywhere and its just hard to notice any of that on yours. Fuji same deal as rouen though its a pretty open track anyway so not seeing details around there isn't a big deal either. Maybe its just my preferences or maybe I've been turned crazy because of looking at gpl track so much and their sometimes thousands of objects. I'll look around some more and see, good job though.
cyruscloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2004, 01:41   #15
REVSECT
Moderator
 
REVSECT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 4,060
Default

If you look to the left and right of the car in swingman view there are plenty of objects everywhere so I'm not sure what you are refering to. If you watch a replay of a race at Rouen there are tons of small details everywhere you look. I particularly like the ashtray in the main scoring booth...

Our Jerez is based on an older year theme so it doesn't have some of the new buildings.
__________________
I am a zombie

Virtua_LM website

Last edited by REVSECT : 29-03-2004 at 01:43.
REVSECT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2004, 02:09   #16
Es Nes
Registered
 
Es Nes's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: United States
Posts: 383
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince Klortho
Es Nes: you can always take care of that. It just takes a little file editing. Copy and paste actually.


yeah, im sure i could, but, id rather have an offical release because if i do it any laptimes i post would be considered cheater times and couldnt use it on f1rst ...
__________________
ai = annoyingly ignorant
Es Nes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2004, 04:20   #17
JPS
Registered
 
JPS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: USA
Posts: 79
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by REVSECT
Is that really you JPS?
Yes. HI!
And thanks for the PTC mod. It's exciting, challenging and fun and really looks beautiful.
JPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2004, 08:46   #18
JETninja
Registered
 
JETninja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Mission Viejo, CA
Posts: 503
Default

Wonderful! But stop wasting time on fictional tracks! Concentrate on: Riverside! Daytona! Mosport! Trois Rivieres! Even Ontario Motor Speedway..I think they held some Sports Car races on the Roval...bikes for sure. I know I'm forgetting many!

Your friendly track pest!
__________________
JET

I'm schizophrenic....and so am I....

www.cfsipgames.com

Last edited by JETninja : 29-03-2004 at 08:49.
JETninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2004, 09:24   #19
-}CosmiC{-Jtf2-
Registered
 
-}CosmiC{-Jtf2-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Victoria
Posts: 129
Default

a new track is a good track ...
__________________
Virtua-LM
-}CosmiC{-Jtf2- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2004, 11:21   #20
Bassguy
Registered
 
Bassguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 105
Default

Thanks JPS, good to see you're still around.
Quote:
stop wasting time on fictional tracks! Concentrate on: Riverside! Daytona! Mosport! Trois Rivieres! Even Ontario Motor Speedway
OMG! I didn't realize I was wasting time. I knew I should have called you first to see what you wanted me to build. Since you've probably driven on all those tracks in real life, I can see how diving on a fictional track would be unthinkable. Thanks for setting me straight, I'll get started on those other tracks right away.
Bassguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2004, 16:35   #21
cmk
Registered
 
cmk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Toronto, ON
Posts: 717
Default

Great-looking track, as always, Bassguy! Great to see you working for V_LM now.

Between Bassguy, REVSECT and JPS I feel like I've been transported back to Speedsims circa. god knows when. I'm too young to feel this old!
cmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2004, 01:45   #22
TurboS
Registered
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Virginia
Posts: 115
Default You deleted my posts?

Seriously? Ya'll need to lighten up! i was just jokin. It does look great, it just also resembles a toilet. I put almost 10 minutes into that 1 lap description lol. I can't believe you deleted it.

Sean
__________________
TurboS
TurboS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2004, 10:56   #23
REVSECT
Moderator
 
REVSECT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 4,060
Default

Like I said in a PM it was insulting to the track creator. One little "jab" is fine but you were way over the top.
__________________
I am a zombie

Virtua_LM website
REVSECT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2004, 16:59   #24
scott michaels
Registered
 
scott michaels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 1,687
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboS
Seriously? Ya'll need to lighten up! i was just jokin. It does look great, it just also resembles a toilet. I put almost 10 minutes into that 1 lap description lol. I can't believe you deleted it.

Sean
hehe, come to think of it, it does look like a toilet! no offense, but the resemblance is amazing!

virtua lm, please dont take this as criticism, but why are you doing fantasy tracks? dont get me wrong, this is not a complaint, i will enjoy a fantasy track just as much as a real track (as long as its good ) i was just wondering why have you chosen to do fantasies?

great screenshots!
__________________
GPL rank: -15.533
Lotus GPL rank: -5.622
Eagle GPL rank: -2.223
Race Rank: +18.921

PLEASE GIVE LOTS OF SUPPORT FOR THE KARTING MOD! FOR MORE INFO, CLICK HERE!
scott michaels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2004, 17:18   #25
pur_DutchDevil
Moderator
 
pur_DutchDevil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 903
Default

Its Bassguy who likes fantasy tracks. And he maid some awesome tracks for SCGT u wont be asking that question of fantasy tracks probably when he released one of them for F1C.
pur_DutchDevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



All times are GMT +2. The time now is 10:14.


Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.0.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2004, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2001-2004 Race Sim Central, all rights reserved.
Site best viewed in 1024x768 or higher, using Internet Explorer 6 or Netscape 7.