Visit RaceSimCentral.com

Go Back   RaceSimCentral Forums > Racing Simulations > Image Space Incorporated > rFactor modding > Car and Track Addons/advice section > Track and Car editing advice
Register FAQ Rules Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Donate to RSC!

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 4.75 average. Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-04-2007, 03:28   #1
Bristow
Registered

The rFactor TBC file and it's role in defining the car

The rF TBC File

This thread is to record the contribution that the TBC file makes to the definition of the cars in rFactor and to their behaviour.

In this thread is a posting at the top that contains a TBC file from the original game - I have chosen the Sauber BMW released with version 1.150. Each line in the file is accompanied by the comments in the original. Lines are annotated with additional comments in bold about the purpose and role of the parameter, as the information becomes available. Due to the limits of my information, the data is incomplete and also probably wrong in places.

This thread is based on a similar thread I wrote for F1C. They may get a little out of synch from time to time. If there are contradictions, this thread will be more current.

TBC files are text files and may be viewed and edited in any decent text editor or even Notepad.

There are similar threads for the other physics files.

Contributions are invited to help fill in the gaps.

Last edited by Bristow; 21-04-2007 at 21:48.
Bristow is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: