Visit RaceSimCentral.com

Go Back   RaceSimCentral Forums > Hardware & Software Discussions > General Hardware Issues > Building your own Cockpit, Wheel etc...
Register FAQ Rules Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Building your own Cockpit, Wheel etc... Show off your homegrown hardware, or get some help from the experts in wheel building & modification.

Donate to RSC!

Old 14-03-2008, 22:50   #1
isamu
Registered

Oh Lord Have Mercy! Can an admin or mod PLEASE resurrect the JL-G25 thread?

I just KNEW there was a very important and awesome thread missing when RSC came back online, when I remembered participation in a thread discussing Jo Lueg's new RIDICULOUSLY KICKASS G25 mod, entitled "JL-G25". I remember being extremely excited over what Jo had done to the G25. HE BASICALLY INJECTED THE DAMN THING WITH STEROIDS!!!!!!!!

http://www.jlvrh.de/JL_Wheel_UK.htm

:rolleye s2:hdriv er:

Now, I can't say fer sure whether or not this can f*** with my Happ Wheel, but my Happ wheel aint even finished yet and I'm getting impatient! Hell, I'd be willing to buy this and own both just for bragging rights alone!

I've searched all over but cannot find the thread discussing the wheel project. That's because his ENTIRE SUB-FORUM IS GONE! I don't even remember what it was called, but it was awesome and I'm hoping an admin can recover it. I find it strange how all the other sub-forums survived except for Jo's. Weird.

Anyway I'm convinced there is no G25 mod out there that can f*** with this. He even changed the steering mechanics from gear driven to BELT DRIVEN, and according to a German review, has also made the motors 50% stronger! Jo if you're reading this, is this true? And if so, is the grindy, notchy feeling completely gone?

Can you also let me to know the price converted to American US dollars?
Old 14-03-2008, 23:03   #2
isamu
Registered

A couple impressions from Germans(translated to English):

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

A brief report on the above-mentioned Wheel.

I had an opportunity on Sunday morning, the result of Jo's 18-month development time to test. First, I go for 10 years ECCI wheel, ie non-FFB. So far, I have also always been against this technology denied, the precise reasons, except I had no suspicions.

Fortunately suffered the rest of the team Sim Racing Equipment still under the effects of sperm meeting, so I almost an hour undisturbed test. I make it short: It is an absolute high-end product, evil tongues say: It is what VPP always wanted to be. The mechanics worked absolutely free, works in spite of the engines almost silent and looks also still impressive. Not insignificantly, as the final product is in a plexiglass enclosure accommodated.

Unfortunately, I can further assessments to the FFB not do that, because I have just no comparison. The forces stood at 65%, which to me after 1 hour ride but more than enough. Generally, the Logitech driver, which on the one hand makes the product zukunftsicher, on the other hand, a treiberseitig identical processing of the effects.

After Jo, even confirmed non-FFB ECCI rider now has his umgestiegen Wheel (oh!), I must admit to me after testing my own Wheel very strange happens.

Photos Rene has done, maybe he can still demand. The men Hiddel, Struck, Waschkowski, hero and Bührle as experts can also better FFB impressions of the effects of the attack.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

2nd one:

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Jo Lueg `s JL-G25 prototype test ride (DEC07)

Here is a small report on Jo Luegs G25 Reconstruction / Tuning:

Since I do not really possess technical know-how is a report on a course, not just hardware. I would like to stress that I report on my "test drive" only on my subjective perception can be based.

With the designation stainless rebuilding, I fully into the Black! The steering wheel by Jo makes a very noble idea. All components (rotary parts, Riehmen, Schaltwippen etc.) are great and feel great. So by the optics, particularly when open prototypes, the steering wheel is my No.1.

How does it feel?

That is really the hammer. Until my visit to Jo Lueg I never knew that it is based on Simracer Force Feedback (deliberately) refrain. That was what I am orig. G25 so dear (loved them) and also have always liked Logitec steering wheel.
Loved it?

Yes, the resolution of the FFB effects are super class. What is different? The steering wheel has a mega force. (Jo had the FFB forces stand at 50%), and thus it was already strong, and on the other a very fine resolution. But at 100% is seen at the wheel already heavily (cool), but that is probably a matter of taste. I think also it was not Jo's first intention to increase the forces but also finer / sensitive effects. And that may be like no other!
What is the very Auffällt noise. It is super quiet. My G25 is a very beautiful theater in operation and many sounds (now in comparison) hard and loud. And that's the difference. Jo's G25 is super quiet, very precise (0% game) super direct and then still extremely powerful. I am not a friend of Anglicisms, but the word "smooth" the matter very drips. The effects feel the same. The original is very much being tough. That is very different!
Really a great driving experience.

The i-Tüpfelchen (it has just 3 :-)) 1.die Super Schaltwippen, 2.the extra buttons (which took me by the orig. G25 very annoyed), and 3 A real steering wheel from the motor sport (if the version with a Rs. Wheel, in this case a Sparco). It feels even better track mal ne / real to as a "real" wheel to "boost".
So a summary extremely geiles wheel which is super class (will not always horny say ;-)) Anfühlt and noble Aussieht.
I think not for every taste and wallet. But for the high Simracer and the "special" love one must have (hehe, again Anglezisme ne)
For me at the small batches or stainless steering wheel (I know) my No.1.

I hope I could with my experience when you purchase your savings or help decision and say thank you to Jo Lueg I one of the first to be allowed to the fine piece of hardware testfahren was allowed.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

If someone can offer a more coherent translation it would be appreciated
Old 15-03-2008, 07:37   #3
g25racer
Registered

Thats a G25? LOL You are right, he did inject it with steroids. That thing is crazy!! Oh so, thats what the G25 looks like on the inside?
g25racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2008, 07:38   #4
Twenty-Se7en
Registered

oh my... never saw this. I want one!
Twenty-Se7en is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2008, 11:07   #5
mikewinget
Registered

Wow!
#733 Mike Winjet/IndyMike- Director of ARCA Services at Openspeedway, LLC
www.openspeedway.net
mikewinget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2008, 12:32   #6
Gn0m4
Registered

Gn0m4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2008, 13:41   #7
amgsport
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty-Se7en View Post
oh my... never saw this. I want one!
10x
amgsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2008, 14:06   #8
pk_kid
Registered

I wanna see some videos!
pk_kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2008, 15:50   #9
Twenty-Se7en
Registered

I wonder what you could make yourself for the same price (1000 EUR + S/H)?? *dreams*
Twenty-Se7en is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2008, 00:05   #10
isamu
Registered

Bump. Mods any luck ressurrecting Jo's sub-forum?
Old 29-03-2008, 19:25   #11
isamu
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by isamu View Post
Bump. Mods any luck ressurrecting Jo's sub-forum?
Hopefully they'll do it soon Isamu
Old 30-03-2008, 01:46   #12
smelchionda
Registered

That wheel is awesome, but what part of it is a G25? I havnt opend mine up but most of that hardware looks too nice to be the guts of a mass produced wheel.
smelchionda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 20:53   #13
isamu
Registered

Thanks mods for bringing back Jo's forum

Is there any way to bring back that last thread that we were discussing the wheel in?
Old 05-04-2008, 02:50   #14
128MB
Registered

What are the different Variants?

And the Variant 3 incl VAT would cost € 1170.50 = 1840.26 US Dollars

Last edited by 128MB : 05-04-2008 at 02:54.
128MB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 04:16   #15
PC_Racer
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by 128MB View Post
What are the different Variants?

And the Variant 3 incl VAT would cost € 1170.50 = 1840.26 US Dollars
I could see spending $900 but not $1840.
PC_Racer is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: