Race Sim Central Forums
[user menu: pm_quizzes_calendar_member index_member awards_staff index_faq_contact rsc_search_forum mainpage]

[important: forum rules] [rule 5 updated: 21-april-2003] [login problems: check cookies] [not logged in: login_register]
Race Sim Central Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 RC3 Race Sim Central Forums > PC Racing Simulation Discussions > Grand Prix Legends > GPL Sim Addons/Edits > BAPOM Release #175
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
John Bradley

Gifted Artist

[ip: logged]

BAPOM Release #175 [forum post: 326515]

While it's arguably superfluous, as there's really nothing wrong with the program set that comes with the track, that's only occasionally stopped me in the past...

---

Program Notes for Those Who Care About Such Matters: this cover features Original BAPOM... well, let's just call it 'Art' and be done with it.

Those of you who've been paying attention might well point out that it looks suspiciously like the real-life Reims '63 cover. This is intentional - I wanted to see if I could draw essentially the same scene from scratch. Not a single pixel came from anything but a photoshop paintbrush.

The answer is a firm "well, not really," but I think I'm getting closer. At least the perspective is mostly 'right' this time out (or so I believe!)

Cheers,
--John Bradley

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
GPL Programs, and plenty of 'em, at the BAPOM site:
http://www.trilon.com/bapom

[go: top_bottom_report post to staff]

Old Post 01-08-2002 04:17
United States John Bradley is online now Click Here to See the Profile for John Bradley Click here to Send John Bradley a Private Message Visit John Bradley's homepage! Find more posts by John Bradley Add John Bradley to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Shifterdog

Golden Member
Community Santa !

[forum post: 326523]

I really like that....look the part. Thank you John Bradley
for the new look.

getting it now

Old Post 01-08-2002 04:33
Shifterdog is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Shifterdog Click here to Send Shifterdog a Private Message Find more posts by Shifterdog Add Shifterdog to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Flying Panda
RSC Beauty Queen

ARSE appreciation.

[forum post: 326650]

Yet another work of art,
thank-you again John

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
2003 Community Idiot Racing League Champion
Kreml Hair Tonic : It's Spiffy!

Old Post 01-08-2002 08:50
Coral Sea Islands Flying Panda is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Flying Panda Click here to Send Flying Panda a Private Message Visit Flying Panda's homepage! Find more posts by Flying Panda Add Flying Panda to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TheSnake
Silver Member
Richard Marchand - FLF

[forum post: 326982]

Cool looking as usual John

BTW did you draw it with mouse or are you using a graphic tablet (like a Wacom Graphire)?

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Real track, fake track, good scenery, bad scenery. If you have time to look at those then you're not going fast enough :-)

Old Post 01-08-2002 17:07
Canada TheSnake is offline Click Here to See the Profile for TheSnake Click here to Send TheSnake a Private Message Find more posts by TheSnake Add TheSnake to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
John Bradley

Gifted Artist

[forum post: 327012]

Quote:
Originally posted by TheSnake
BTW did you draw it with mouse or are you using a graphic tablet (like a Wacom Graphire)?

This particular one was done mostly with the tablet (I've got a 9x12 Wacom Intuos with an airbrush stylus), but I still switch back to the the regular mouse for stuff that needs to be precisely positioned (such as the car streak lines) and also for stuff that doesn't require any pressure info (such as the sky).

The tablet is most useful when you want to have dynamic control over the stroke (ie, having it fade out or having the brush size diminish), since you can bind those sorts of things to the stylus pressure (and the thumb wheel on the airbrush). When I don't need that, I'll typically use the mouse - it's somewhat more precise, and I can operate the program itself (various pulldowns, dialog boxes, menus, etc.) faster.

For example, before this one, the last time I used the tablet was probably the Nazareth cover. The intervening 14 covers (Efexx through Snake) were all mouse-drawn.

Cheers,
--John Bradey

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Last edited by John Bradley on 01-08-2002 at 19:32

Old Post 01-08-2002 17:48
United States John Bradley is online now Click Here to See the Profile for John Bradley Click here to Send John Bradley a Private Message Visit John Bradley's homepage! Find more posts by John Bradley Add John Bradley to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Magnus Thome
Silver Member
Sliver member? What?

GPL Track Database creator
GPLRally2 Leader

[forum post: 327074]

Thx JB

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

The GPL Track Database

Old Post 01-08-2002 18:51
Sweden Magnus Thome is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Magnus Thome Click here to Send Magnus Thome a Private Message Visit Magnus Thome's homepage! Find more posts by Magnus Thome Add Magnus Thome to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Robin
Bronze Member

[forum post: 327102]

Well done John looks great

Old Post 01-08-2002 19:25
Australia Robin is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Robin Click here to Send Robin a Private Message Find more posts by Robin Add Robin to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
John Bradley

Gifted Artist

[forum post: 327108]

Quote:
Originally posted by Robin

Y'know, maybe it's just me, but I find that banana-guy disturbing, and somewhat rude. The "look at my crotch" hand motions, combined with the waggling-left-and-right of this 'thing' sticking out from where his genitals would be, well...

<Paging Dr. Freud...>

--John

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Old Post 01-08-2002 19:37
Chris Stephens

[forum post: 327137]

Thanks John, covers always appreciated and track maps too. Hey how bout whipping up a track map for Sachsenring if you get the time.

Old Post 01-08-2002 20:13
Chris Stephens is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Chris Stephens Click here to Send Chris Stephens a Private Message Find more posts by Chris Stephens Add Chris Stephens to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote