Race Sim Central Forums
[user menu: pm_chat_calendar_member index_member awards_staff index_faq_contact rsc_forum mainpage]  
[important: forum rules] [rule 11 added: 12-september-2003] [login problems: check cookies_request your password] [not logged in: login_register]
[useful forums: news_wallpapers_real racing_report forum problem] [irc chat: #racesimcentral #generally #liveforspeed]
Race Sim Central Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 Race Sim Central Forums > Independent Developer Simulations Discussions > Live for Speed > S1 Users : "Host is Loading Track" - how to avoid
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Scawen
Programmer

[ip: logged]

S1 Users : "Host is Loading Track" - how to avoid [forum post: 1088517]

To S1 Users :

There's a nasty bug that can come up where users can put the host into a state where no-one can join and the host continually replies that it is "Loading Track" for ever until the host is restarted.

Of course i've marked this down as a high priority bug but for now please can i ask users to be very responsible about changing tracks.

That means :

DON'T :
all go into the track screen and start clicking on tracks.

DO :
make a decision as a group and ONE person selects the track.

Thanks, sorry about the inconvenience, Scawen

[go: top_bottom_report post to staff_report forum problem]

Old Post 28-07-2003 17:53
Scawen is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Scawen Find more posts by Scawen Find real racing photos uploaded by Scawen Add Scawen to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Xsesiv
Fresh Face

[forum post: 1088540]

Thats great to hear!

Many Australian servers have been suffering from this problem!!
Cheers Scawen.

Old Post 28-07-2003 18:00
Xsesiv is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Xsesiv Click here to Send Xsesiv a Private Message Find more posts by Xsesiv Find real racing photos uploaded by Xsesiv Add Xsesiv to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kel64
Master Onion

Click here to view the LFS profile of kel64
[forum post: 1088620]

I come across this error when racing online. Restarting fixed it as you said. Look forward to the patch

Old Post 28-07-2003 18:24
United Kingdom kel64 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for kel64 Click here to Send kel64 a Private Message Visit kel64's homepage! Find more posts by kel64 Find real racing photos uploaded by kel64 Add kel64 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MartPalmer

[forum post: 1088852]

I've had this problem online too, glad you've spotted it. Thanks.

Old Post 28-07-2003 19:44
MartPalmer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MartPalmer Click here to Send MartPalmer a Private Message Find more posts by MartPalmer Find real racing photos uploaded by MartPalmer Add MartPalmer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dannel
Basque Driver

Click here to view the LFS profile of dannel
[forum post: 1088919]

I've reported this bug yesterday
It't good to read that it can be fixed

Old Post 28-07-2003 20:11
dannel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dannel Click here to Send dannel a Private Message Visit dannel's homepage! Find more posts by dannel Find real racing photos uploaded by dannel Add dannel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
muscle89
CoCaptain Of (XSB)

[forum post: 1089396]

Hasnt happened but I'll keep that in mind next time im thinking about throwing my computer out the window because it wont connect to the (insert angry word) server

Old Post 28-07-2003 23:03
muscle89 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for muscle89 Click here to Send muscle89 a Private Message Find more posts by muscle89 Find real racing photos uploaded by muscle89 Add muscle89 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ashsimmonds
Bronze Member
Australian Idle

Click here to view the LFS profile of ashsimmonds
[forum post: 1094283]

Quote:
Originally posted by Xsesiv
Thats great to hear!

Many Australian servers have been suffering from this problem!!
Cheers Scawen.

yep, saw it happen the other night. 10 yobbo aussies deciding to change the track, one guy changes it, two or three people join the race, then another guy's like "noooo" and changes it, a few people re-join the race, then someone changes it, repeat until dead.

it was funny, but ultimately ended my LFSing for the night.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Old Post 30-07-2003 14:17
Australia ashsimmonds is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ashsimmonds Click here to Send ashsimmonds a Private Message Find more posts by ashsimmonds Find real racing photos uploaded by ashsimmonds Add ashsimmonds to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Crash Dummy
S1 licensed racer

Click here to view the LFS profile of Crash Dummy
[forum post: 1102347]

Thanks for calling me a yobbo Australian Ash

I've seen this happen and it's bloody annoying. I was in the Telstra Gamearena server and we all decided to change tracks, everyone's happy except for one person so i change the track get ready to race then the idiot changes it to rally cross then i change it back to what we agreed on. Luckily we got to race after the guy got flamed to hell and back.

Old Post 02-08-2003 05:29
Australia Crash Dummy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Crash Dummy Click here to Send Crash Dummy a Private Message Find more posts by Crash Dummy Find real racing photos uploaded by Crash Dummy Add Crash Dummy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jointracer_201
Newbie Member

[forum post: 1107970]

"Yobbo"?
It's easily defined here in context, but how do you define yobbo?

Old Post 04-08-2003 04:55
jointracer_201 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jointracer_201 Click here to Send jointracer_201 a Private Message Find more posts by jointracer_201 Find real racing photos uploaded by jointracer_201 Add jointracer_201 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Voldo
Licensed S1 Racer

Click here to view the LFS profile of Voldo
[forum post: 1107990]

http://www.aussieyobbo.com

EDIT : I didn't think you were serioues when you didnt know what a yobbo is. Here is one of Australia's most famous Yobbo's (Excluding Alan Jones former F1 champ )

http://www.australianbeers.com/culture/norm.htm

No pressure but how is the patch to fix this coming along?

Last edited by Voldo on 04-08-2003 at 06:44

Old Post 04-08-2003 05:08
Australia Voldo is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Voldo Click here to Send Voldo a Private Message Find more posts by Voldo Find real racing photos uploaded by Voldo Add Voldo to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jointracer_201
Newbie Member

[forum post: 1108080]

On topic , thanks to Team LFS for working on the Host Loading Track thing...

Thanks Voldo, that's interesting, yobbo translates as hooligan!

Nice beer guts, fellas

We're on to the Foster's scam in the US (it's imported all right, from Canada!, where hooligans are known as "loogans").

That type of beer physique is best described as "hey, I'm just buildin' a little shed for my tool"

Old Post 04-08-2003 06:29
jointracer_201 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jointracer_201 Click here to Send jointracer_201 a Private Message Find more posts by jointracer_201 Find real racing photos uploaded by jointracer_201 Add jointracer_201 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Miggles
Fresh Face
Don't drive so good.

Another way to trigger it [forum post: 1111664]

I found a new way to trigger this problem tonight.

Had 6 people connected to my server with a maximum of seven. I went to the track loading screen to change the track (I have it set so that only the server can pick the track) and just after I clicked Load, someone attempted to join.

So it stopped loading the track.

Unfortunately I then got another message saying the join had failed because it hadn't received Sync or some such thing.

But it didn't put the track back in a loadable state.

So I couldn't start a race, because a track was loading. I couldn't load a new track because a track was loading. And I couldn't kill the currently loading track.

Might want to add something to address this to the patch. =)

Old Post 05-08-2003 11:51
Miggles is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Miggles Click here to Send Miggles a Private Message Find more posts by Miggles Find real racing photos uploaded by Miggles Add Miggles to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Scawen
Programmer

[forum post: 1111693]

That's a good one, seems to make a lot of sense in fact...

I think that might be the cause of the other one as well, someone joining in this very small time period between clicking the button and the actual load starting.

Thanks.

Old Post 05-08-2003 12:02
Scawen is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Scawen Find more posts by Scawen Find real racing photos uploaded by Scawen Add Scawen to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BoofHead
Inspectre Hovis S1

Click here to view the LFS profile of BoofHead
Re: Another way to trigger it [forum post: 1145550]

Quote:
Originally posted by Miggles
I found a new way to trigger this problem tonight.

Nice pick up Mig. Waiting for my new wheel....drumming fingers, want to be back on track

Old Post 16-08-2003 14:14
Australia BoofHead is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BoofHead Click here to Send BoofHead a Private Message Find more posts by BoofHead Find real racing photos uploaded by BoofHead Add BoofHead to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote