|
I am hitting the rough point, some things about this are just insane. Like each of those tires in the ground on the inside of the turns are made of 24 polygons, too many to start with but to make it worse this thing converts them into 24 different objects per tire. Not too bad, but considering there are 50 tires in areas on this track it makes for 1200 or so objects just to them, that is not happening, sorry. So my only guess to remodel the tire and place them around by hand. Same goes for cones. Sprites won't convert so alot of things are missing, mostly alot of trees won't convert. Every trackside object is just a plain out hassle to convert, the track was easy. If it were just the track it would be done now but to make it look complete it needs the other stuff and its insane, no wonder you haven't seen many gpl tracks converted, no one is hardly crazy enough to do it. I feel for whoever did the ring. After this one, any more conversions I do are going to be imported into max first and then combined and remapped probably before exporting them, it will probably save a ton of time in the long run and shorten the scn file a ton. o.. well, I will have a new version sometime tomarrow so you guys can enjoy it over the weekend. Its alot better than the first version but still lacks alot but maybe I can get that done sometime tomarrow evening. I am going to do some research and see if I can find some better ways, anyone who has some maxscripts or anything that have done this before pm me, i'd like to know any shortcuts you have found out. Converting is easy but a huge way over nessasary process in the long run.
[go: top_bottom_report post to staff_report forum problem]
|
|