|
|
|
![]() |
|
![]()
|
|
|||||||
| Users Online: 397, Members: 211, Guests: 186. |
|
|
|
Thread Tools |
Rating:
|
Display Modes |
|
|
View Warnings #1 |
|
Registered
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 97
vCash: 7500
|
F1 AIW Editor/Converter Discussion
Ok, might as well put this up now since I'll have less time for it in the next few weeks. Please discuss anything you find wrong with the program in this very thread. I've got my fingers crossed that there won't be too many errors produced, but something's bound to come up. And hopefully anything that's wrong can be easily fixed by hand-editing.
There are a few docs included, you should peruse them all to get all the information concerning the process & conversion. |
|
|
|
View Warnings #2 |
|
Registered
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 8
vCash: 7500
|
Geart tool !!!!!!!!!
I wanna one Aiw editor like this long long time!! by the way,i found bugs from F1AIW-program-31.exe "Display" section not work , diffcult to Return waypoint highlight section then after edit waypoint value. I only refuse that two bugs.... I think this tool is wonderful tool for F1C! Thanks RaceGT share this tool! ![]() P.S. please forgive my poor english grammar |
|
|
|
View Warnings #3 |
|
Registered
|
g'day
thanks for sharing you program.. with AIW in general, what values control AI braking and acceleration ? thanks cya
__________________
If at first the idea is not absurd, then there is no hope for it. Last edited by barrybumhead : 16-03-2004 at 06:52. |
|
|
|
View Warnings #4 |
|
Moderator
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Dordogne, France
Age: 38
Posts: 2,431
vCash: 7500
|
The rate of change of direction i.e. as the line of the upcoming AI waypoints changes from straight ahead the cars will brake as it straightens up the cars accelerate - I am not sure how far the AI looks ahead in terms of waypoints - probably about 10.
CJ |
|
|
|
View Warnings #5 | |
|
Registered
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 97
vCash: 7500
|
Quote:
Thank you. I appreciate the enthusiasm. I should make one note about the operation of the program: XBasic handles keyboard focus for text boxes a little strangely. The default way it handles it is when when you enter something in a text box, the cursor stays in the text box and it still has focus. In this way, if you entered something and then tried to use the highlight keys, the keys would just produce text in the text box instead of moving the highlight. So, I had to make it so that when you hit enter, the keyboard focus is moved. See that black box in the upper right of the program? That is where the keyboard focus is moved to when you hit enter for a text box. So the operation requirements are that you must hit enter when inputting a value for a text box. Control should then return to the highlight keys. If you're having trouble moving the highlight, then you can try hitting enter, or try clicking on that black box with the mouse. I will try to look at the program and see if there's a way to handle the inputs consistently. About the other stuff, that was mentioned in the doc file for the program. Display and Range don't do anything yet, as well as BranchID and Bitfields. Those last 2 are made automatically for waypoints anyway, there may not be a need for them. And the Total display doesn't show anything. There's probably no need to know what the total is going to be. Or you could just add it up yourself as LastPRwaypoint+1+PitPositions+1+GridPositions+1. |
|
|
|
|
View Warnings #6 |
|
Registered
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 97
vCash: 7500
|
Oh my. What a terrible mistake. I put up a totally un-working version in the first post. When using ASE, the Grid & Pit Positions were not included in the output AIW!!! All you got was up to the end of pit road, then no Grids or Pits!
(Because I changed the way of totalling the numwaypoints, and including the grids and pits waypoints, and forgot to put it in the ASE section as well). Here is a 100% needed update! Unless you will never use ASE... Everything in the RAR is what should have been included in the first one... 'Sorry 'bout that. |
|
|
|
View Warnings #7 |
|
Registered
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Australia
Posts: 158
vCash: 7500
|
Great work RaceGT, I've already converted my old scgt aiw for adelaide to f1c with your tool and it worked straight away. Now all I need to do is tweak each aiw to 5 meters and see how that goes. Again, thanks heaps for your great effort.
Cheers |
|
|
|
View Warnings #8 |
|
Registered
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 97
vCash: 7500
|
update 33
Here is a fairly needed update. It would crash if loading AIW's with more than 36 or something Grid Spots, or Garage positions, or something. All I know is I fixed something.-
|
|
|
|
View Warnings #9 |
|
Registered
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 99
vCash: 7500
|
This looks great, but is it possible to see the track outline at the same time as the ai line from the original track (like the telemetry program)? To modify the line is a bit tricky when you are guessing at the distance left and right.
Also when you save the file does your program automatically calculate new wp_perp values if you change the wp positions? |
|
|
|
View Warnings #10 |
|
Registered
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 97
vCash: 7500
|
Actually, no, it does not re-calc the PERP or the VECT, and I know this needs to be done when changing the position of a waypoint. It is something that I will be working in when I get the time (maybe next week). Also, I think you are referring to when loading a standard AIW, to be able to see the width of the track. This too is something that I wanted to work in, and I will do that as well. Just a bit trickier than when you already have the edge points as in ASE style, but still not a problem. I'll just get the angle of the waypoint on the track, and draw a point at 90 deg. either side at a distance of WP_WIDTH left and right. This should give the outline pretty well.
|
|
|
|
View Warnings #11 |
|
Registered
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 99
vCash: 7500
|
Great, thanks for response. Yes I was referring to standard aiw. Sometimes adding or changing the line is not as simple as moving waypoints as cars do not change direction correctly and therefore do not brake in the right place.
Looking forward to your next update. |
|
|
|
View Warnings #12 |
|
Registered
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Netherlands
Age: 33
Posts: 8
vCash: 7500
|
I am doing a AI for Buenos (F1C) because the default AIW
has a wrong pit-in and pit-out. But when I insert a pitroad WP all the PP and GP WP's get messed up, and when loading the track the game hangs. Is this a problem in the editor are with me. |
|
|
|
View Warnings #13 |
|
Registered
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Netherlands
Age: 33
Posts: 8
vCash: 7500
|
Is it possible with this editor to make the WP's in corners smooth?
Because the fast right-hander at buenos I take in 6ht or 7th, but the AI shifts back to 5th or 4th and brake. It is almost impossible to get a smooth line by changing the numbers by hand just at looking at them. |
|
|
|
View Warnings #14 |
|
Registered
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 97
vCash: 7500
|
Here is an update that includes at least 3 additions: Ability to lay down GALPHA tire marks and groove_lat in ranges. Drawing of track widths when loading a standard AIW. Jump-To specific waypoints. Funny little graphics.
Adjusting WP_VECT and _PERP when adjusting the POS value of a waypoint. VECT is pretty sure, and I think I've got PERP going correctly. But if you see the PERP where you think it shouldn't be then you can still change it to what you think it should be. It's only re-made when you change the position of a waypoint. A POS change should also likely need to change the GROOVE_LAT for the wp_galpha, and the lap distance (a little), but for now the user has to make the adjustments. The drawing of track widths on original tracks' AIWs was a good idea because it shows a potentially important AIW creation note, and that is that the wp_widths (on the right for a right-handed pits) increase through the pits to 'encompass' the Pit Positions. Look at Great Britain Silverstone and you can see the effect on the last few wp's before the PP's, getting a wider width on the right to make the width plot go 'behind' the Pit Positions, then getting narrower back to road width past the PP's. This could have some effect on AI behavior and pitting if the widths here are not set correctly (same width all the way down Pit Road past the PP's). Who knows, just something to look out for. As far as the widths on the track, I've noticed many spots on tracks with a way out-of-whack width value for 1 waypoint among a line of even-width'ed wp's. Why they got messed up is a strange thing, unless they were taken from actual model pieces, then it's something beyond what I could do. But what effect this has on AI behavior I don't know but seems seems harmless enough along the track. The PR width thing though is something to address on each track you make/modify or look at. About the Buenos editing: Probably when you're inserting a waypoint, my program is maybe messing up. But not 100% definitively. Could be the AIW is messed up in the first place. But when you insert a waypoint, all the waypoints' Prev's and Next's should shift up by 1, as well as the PP branches. Everything after the insert should increase by 1. So check the operation there, because like I said, I wasn't sure I had insert working 100%. Then again, be sure the AIW is set up right, too, because any original errors will still be errors. And making curves: Yes it will be tough to try to create a smooth curve through a turn by hand-editing. I've looked into the formulas for spline curves and they're nothing to be toyed with. Complex mathematics. I doubt I'll ever be able to spline-smooth a range of points, but I'll keep looking into it. Probably the only solution to smooth curves is MAX ASE method, and to some degree MG method, since they both have bezier curve adjustment. But for straight points out of a regular AIW, I'd have to program my own spline curve. It's very complicated, you have to divide the curve into like 3 parts with at least 7 points defining the curve....or something like that. If any Math majors would like to provide the algorithm(s) then please do. |
|
|
|
View Warnings #15 |
|
Registered
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 99
vCash: 7500
|
So far RaceGT this is a good improvement. A request though would be to overlay the track actual size from the telemetry data file. Is this possible? I have tried to look into these files but cannot seem to extract any numbers. Perhaps Bruni knows how as he redid the telemetry files.
|
|
|
|
View Warnings #16 |
|
Registered
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Canada
Posts: 50
vCash: 7500
|
Hi.
How can I add aiw for pit lane. I d/l the most current release of your tool but the doc didnt have any info for inserting pitlane. Im new to aiw editing so hope this isnt too dumb of a question..lol Ive placed pitstop locations and garage locations just need to make a path. |
|
|
|
View Warnings #17 |
|
Registered
|
Hi,
Just wanted to say thanks for your effort on the AIW editor, very cool and im sure not the end for this project. I've been playing around with the Kyalami.aiw which was pretty good to start with but, the cars won?t travel the pit line very well / consistently. Not sure what the problem is there. But something ive noticed with build#35... The wp_vect= values are not being transported to the saved file output. Seems to import them from an .aiw and you can see wp_vect= in the editor, but not after you save your .aiw. I really like the annotations in the saved .aiw very helpful, also "seeing visually" the waypoints and the grid / pit loops has really helped me to better understand the structure in the waypoint system. Now if I could just get the pits to work at all my favorite tracks! PS. Some wp line smoothing feature would be neat to have, and maybe calculate the WP_PERP values, oh and regenerate the WP_PTRS for the pit ent, pit ex & grid loops, and maybe check that the PP coords match the [PITS] table.... sigh (just kidding of course) Greg oh hey ? ... are the wp_vect values no longer used in f1c ? <--- no ther not .. got it. hey in the terminal output ... what do the YEP's mean and it would be cool to see the pit in /out wp's colored when you select a PP in the plot view. also .. are there any rules on how to set the "C" variable on the pitline entrance exit. i notice 34 or so wp's are referenced in an f1c aiw after the PR exit wp and before the PR return wp. <--- these turn out to be critical to a properly working pit Last edited by gringosan : 14-04-2004 at 05:59. |
|
|
|
View Warnings #18 |
|
Registered
|
check this out, working pits at kyalami
thanks to RaceGT i was able to get this tracks pits working !
i have been testing this version of the "rebuildt" aiw, and it is a blast. the ai pit in and out without problem and so far... they navigate the pit entrance without crashing into the tyre wall at full throttle. try it out and see if its working for you. ive tested with 20 cars / 10 teams in rh2003 , but there should be support for 24 car /12 teams as in any standard F1C track (i think) ok off to the races greg |
|
|
|
View Warnings #19 |
|
Registered
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 48
vCash: 7500
|
Can anyone do the same for the Las Vegas road course? The cars do stop, but they don't leave the pits after.
|
|
|
|
View Warnings #20 |
|
Registered
|
Hey guys ... hows it working?
Im curious
![]() hey if racegt is out there ... really would like to know what the YEP reference in the console output means ? and ive got a few wishes that this thing did too ![]() hey how hard would it be to get a 3d view of the wp data ?, or maybe see an elevation angle side view type idea. would it be possible to have a recalculate option on like the PERP and DIST variables, or maybe a check on the data to see if it is valid for a wp. it would be cool if you could "freeze" wp_width & wp_dwidth so you can work on larger blocks of wp's at a time just by selecting them would be nice to click a wp in the plot to get to that wp in the editor is there any way to check the wp_ptrs for errors... check each of the MainTRK ---> PitOUT ---> PitIN ---> StartGRID loops in the wp_ptrs data or maybe "rebuild" the PTRS when you export an AIW i would like to be able to resize the plot... or select a bigger resolution on the plot I realize your in it for fun ... but this tool has allot of power i think and is really needed for many tracks to come, i figure i could ask at least .btw ... ive been working on the las vegas aiw .... im getting it but atm only 2 teams are pitting properly but im getting there. In this case i have pretty much reordered the entire track, needed to change where wp0 was on the main track, reverse the pit order, reposition some of the garages. heheh lots of work! But if we can get some working AI's it will be worth it. |
|
|
|
View Warnings #21 |
|
Registered
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Netherlands
Age: 33
Posts: 8
vCash: 7500
|
I tried your AIW for Kyalami but the cars keep the speedlimiter on
so they drive around the track at 60kmh. I am getting better and better at this AIW editing thanks to RaceGT and his editor but I don't understand this problem jet. |
|
|
|
View Warnings #22 |
|
Registered
|
wow, that is strange
are you using more than 12 teams ... how many cars ? also (it shouldnt matter) but delete the .hat file and give it another try and just in case its not clear ... this aiw is for f1 challenge and mods like etcc or dtm, and will not work for f1 2002 and its mods , like gtr2002 , SCR , lm93, lm2002. keep the feed back coming, anyone else get any stange behavoir? oh and las vagas is now working for me but i decided to remap the pits so I should have something to try in a day or two. |
|
|
|
View Warnings #23 |
|
Registered
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 2
vCash: 7500
|
AIW file
The AIW editing tool looks cool, however, after spending a lot of time trying to create a decent AIW for my Hitchin circuit that I am building (almost complete) from scratch, I realise I am never going to achieve a good result.
Therefore, if anybody here has got the AIW-making process properly understood, and would like to help me by making a good AIW file for my track (and be one of the first people to see the track! ), please let me know by answering below, or emailing me at:For some images of the cicuit: http://www.lovewell.net Also, anybody interested in doing my start lights and pitlane lights? Thanks Rich |
|
|
|
View Warnings #24 |
|
Registered
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Australia
Posts: 158
vCash: 7500
|
Very nice indeed RDM. Keep up the excelelnt work. Cant wait to try it
Cheers |
|
|
|
View Warnings #25 |
|
Registered
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 97
vCash: 7500
|
hey look guys what was available before this? What do you think *was going* to be available? I know it's probably got its problems, but i think it's working fairly well. There is one more update i can put up soon that is not much but a couple improvements. I'll also put up the source code if anyone says so. But I do think it works properly, but strictly for simple editing, not trying to build a new trak from it. It's meant as an after-tool for when building your track from MG or ASE, so please remember that. If there are specific problems in the conversion process, then I'll try to address those.
But anyway i thought it was at least a useful thing put out there. |
|
|
| Thread Tools | |
| Display Modes | Rate This Thread |
|
|