Visit RaceSimCentral.com

Go Back   RaceSimCentral Forums > Racing Simulations > LFS Dev - Live For Speed > Live for Speed > LFS Files > LFS Files > Unofficial Add-ons
Register FAQ Rules Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Donate to RSC!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-07-2005, 23:18   #1
bluespoon
Registered

CMX importer for max update for S2

ok hello peeps. thought I'd make a new thread because the old one is quite long.
scawen pointed me to this:
http://forum.racesimcentral.com/showthread.p...30#post2510730

so I thought I'd spend a few minutes at least updating the cmx importer to support dds files. you still need a version of max that supports dds, or download the dds max plugin from nvidia as mentioned on that thread.

the only change here is that the importer now looks to see if there is a .dds file in the data/dds folder, and if it does, it tells max to use it. there is source code in the new zip so you coder types can see the (tiny) changes.

the code is still shoddy, and the result in max is pretty far from the cmx viewer - eg it doesn't know what to do with wheel vertex colours, the glass looks wrong, and although vertex colours ARE imported and are shown in the viewport, max doesn't seem to render them by default. (not sure how to do this in max, sorry, I'm a coder....) I'm sorry about these changes - some of them result from max not working quite like scawen's engine / editor / cmx format, and although they could be fixed with a more fully fledged importer, it would require a fair amount of coding. for now, you'll have to fix them manually. on the + side, at least you dont have to hand-reload all the dds textures now.

also, I compiled this with visual studio 2005 beta 2 which basically means undoubtedly it won't run on anyones machine. which means uploading this is a kamakazi mission because it won'be useful anywhere. but what the hell right?! I put some extra fun msvc80*.dll files in there just in case. and you're a nice community. you can take it or bitch about it. or both

this was compiled against the max 6 sdk, which means that it will work in both max 6 and 7. put all the dl* files into your 3dsmax\plugins folder. it won't work on max5. use the old (original) one for that.

fingers crossed! as all programmers say 'it works on my machine'...

alex
Attached Files
File Type: zip cmximp.zip (480.9 KB, 602 views)
bluespoon is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: