Visit RaceSimCentral.com

Go Back   RaceSimCentral Forums > Other Games Below: > Other Games > GeneRally > Downloads and addons > Tracks
Register FAQ Rules Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Tracks Post and discuss Generally tracks

Donate to RSC!

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 4.75 average. Display Modes
Old 25-05-2008, 21:23   #1
arrow#17
Registered

[cir] Mirabella Park Raceway

hi guys!
new track from me! some of you may have seen snipits of it in the previews thread, but here it is, all completed and raring for your racing! may i present the..

Mirabella Park Raceway

Description
a medium sizedtrack situated in a cliff faced valey. wide grass runoff's on either side of the track allow for some gutsy passing moves and minimal loss for mistakes, small kitty litter traps give an element of danger. the track has 2 main hairpins and an incredibly tight chicane, the rest is quite fast and flowing. all in all a chalengin little circuit.

History
once a forsest national park, the Mirabella circuit was funded by the FIA in a bid to add another track to the world scene of the GT championship. after a payment bungle, the FIA pulled out shortly after commencement of construction. when seeing the cleared land, and the begginings of a track, the local government decided to complete the project in order to attract tourists. it worked. the Mirabella Park circuit was an instant hit, pulling in visitors from around the globe to see this modern circuit show off the best of motorsport. however, the tracks facilities wer not ready for the huge influx of motorsport fans, and as such, most major sporting classes avoid the track. still home to the occasional large event, the track is now more of a club environment, but still leading class.

Racing Tips
this is a mostly flat circuit, so no major bump suprises. the last corner and the chicane are essential for a quick lap, get either wrong and you will be slow onto the straight or onto the quick section after the chicane, and that slows your whole straight speed. running wide, while not fatal to your lap time should be avoided, the exit of the first hairpin being a common place to run wide, just back off a bit if your heading towards the grass quicker than you can catch. some people seem to have a little trouble with hairpins, the best way to attack them is start as wide as you can go and break late, turn in and hit the curbing just after the middle of the corner. as soon as you reach the curb, power on, and then you can hold it on the throttle all the way out and onto the straight. attack the chicane with caution, turn in as late as you can while using as much of the curbing as possible, and then the second half is much the same as your average hairpin.

EDIT: yellow thing befor the pits is gone! thanks for the feedback Pahkasika

Now, enough talk... GET RACING! and leave copmments please! do i need to change/improve anything or are there more tips you would like.. i want to know!

Arrow#17
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version Name: Mirabella Park Raceway.jpg Views: 166 Size: 112.4 KB ID: 455337  Click image for larger version Name: zoom preview.jpg Views: 85 Size: 114.3 KB ID: 455338  
Attached Files
File Type: zip Mirabella Park.zip (70.6 KB, 85 views)
are you a beginer driver? want some driving tips? send me a PM! if you want car or track specific, be sure to send me the link so i can really help! basic tutor tracks available!

Last edited by arrow#17 : 26-05-2008 at 00:36.
arrow#17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2008, 22:36   #2
Pahkasika
Registered

Certainly looks great but a few points stick out from the pics:
- the kerbs are just a tad too wide. Maybe if they were 1 or 2 pixels smaller they would look better
- that yellow thing before the pits
- pit exit line - although it's "perfect" in terms of shape it just looks out of place in the middle of the track

Can't drive it yet but looks like a quite nice layout

My GPLRank - ChallengeRank - HistoricRank - MunchausenRank
Pahkasika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2008, 23:27   #3
P&M Studios
Registered

I agree Pahkasika about the kerbs. Otherwise, it looks very nice, I have downloaded it and I'm gonna try it now
P&M Studios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2008, 18:26   #4
arrow#17
Registered

hi guys!
hardly any replys??? anyone whos driven the track want to comment???
the yellow thing has gone by the way, and i made the curbs big for a reason... the grc cars love ripple strips, and it was designed around them, so i thought, the more ripple there is to use, the more the faster drivers will stand out.. so another hint if your using that car... GO FOR THE RIPPLES, there there, so use them!
are you a beginer driver? want some driving tips? send me a PM! if you want car or track specific, be sure to send me the link so i can really help! basic tutor tracks available!
arrow#17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2008, 23:51   #5
P&M Studios
Registered

After test, it drives very well. The yellow thing doesn't disturb me. So, great job
P&M Studios is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: